Saturday, September 12, 2009

Current template problems, please Help!

I just finished customizing this template with my blog. I like it.
But I have a problem. Do you see those Read More buttons? I had problems with their functionality. By default it's said that I should include do this steps:

How to hide article’s content on the main page
As this template got ‘Read More’ function, you probably want to hide some text from being displayed on the main page. In fact, you just need some extremely easy step to achieve this. Simply copy the highlighted code below, then access into ‘Settings’ and under the ‘Formatting’ tab, paste the code into the ‘Post Template’.

< span class = ” fullpost ” >  < / span >
On the next time you write an article, you just need to add this line of code to hide the text. For example,
< span class = ” fullpost ” > Here are the texts you want to hide < / span >

so I did, but nothing happened. I have all the text I write in the post visible on home page.
Can someone help me with this?

8 comments:

  1. it seams I solve this issue. A bit problematic, I should write that class line every time I edit my post - or I'll get the full post again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I fixed that. But it doesn't work when you have "enter"-s/br-s in your text :(
    that's not good - so any suggestions to fix that?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am spamming on my own blog!
    I got the solution, instead of spam you should use DIV tag! yahooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry, i read this blog and the comments very late!
    Yes, div tag is the solution

    I thin you may wrap the hidden paragraphs like this:
    < div class = "fullpost" >
    < p > first hidden paragraph < /p >
    < p > second hidden paragraph < /p >
    < / div >

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAM: thank you anyway :) thanks for visiting and trying to help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello hello,
    since you are blogging from Mauritius...you may want to check out: Mauritius Blog Tracker or Mauritius Blog List. Both have a fairly strong blogging community. Also, if you are on twitter, see Mauritius Twitter Directory! I hope you are enjoying your time in my home country... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. waz: thank you so much! going to explore the links:)
    I like Mau :) that's how I call it your country :)

    ReplyDelete

If you are not signed in please don't forget to mention your name. Thanks.
no Anonymous comments.